come follow me on all kinds of adventures!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Italian City, English Language, African Cast

We took a trip yesterday to Stratford-upon-Avon. Fun fact of the day is that 'Avon' means river, so when you say 'River Avon,' you're saying 'river river.' It didn't rain, which was a plus, and we had some interesting encounters with swans!




We got to see a performance of Julius Ceasar, set in Africa, with all the original lanugage at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. It was SO good! I had never seen Shakespeare acted before, so it was a great experience to be introduced to it the way it was meant to be seen.


We also found the Peter Rabbit shop! I got these adorable little cards with beautiful Beatrix Potter prints on them, and they also had beautiful postcards of the original Alice in Wonderland illustrations. I will not be sending them to anyone, though. Just enjoying them for myself :)

It is hard to believe that we have only a week and a half left! Especially with all the school work! Speaking of which, what am I doing on the computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment